More than 912,000 Americans have leukemia, Hodgkin or non-Hodgkin lymphoma or myeloma.
- Every four minutes, someone new is diagnosed with blood cancer.
- Every 10 minutes, someone loses their fight.
Don Armstrong, a courageous leukemia survivor, celebrated his fifth year in remission by running 10 marathons and raising $500,000 to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. While it is certainly a cause for celebration, Armstrong is not only running for himself – he is running for those who cannot and to raise money for the cause.
The main goals for the ‘Finish Your Race’ campaign were:
- To raise $500,000 and make a significant impact on The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s AML Portfolio.
- To raise awareness of blood cancers.
- To raise awareness of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its signature event, Team in Training.
Today, Don continues to support those in need, as a trainer for Team in Training, as a mentor and as a motivational speaker for survivor groups, nursing chapters, community support groups and more. Call 817/917-5919 to speak to Don personally about his experience.